12.25.2014

Wee Hours

I'm like a child who rises so early because of the wanting. The anticipation. Only I have not risen early, but rather stayed up until these wee morning hours. 
Because I too am wanting, 
Wanting it to be special & different than before; anticipating the joy of giving, the being together
so: 
Slow, delicious food is prepared & 
Pretty, just-so decorations are placed about. The reason for celebrating is unpacked in my heart & mind. Jesus. 
All the parts unfolded as I remember why He came. How He planned it this way. 
She reminds me earlier today
"He didn't just save us for heaven"
There is also the hope for here, so let's not let this time go by too quickly or too lazy - make the most of today. Whatever you are given, whoever is brought to mind or door. He is with us, Immanuel. 
It makes all the wanting & anticipation make sense. 

No comments:

Post a Comment