11.28.2014

Warmed

Winter is totes here. Totes. 
The sun is the only thing warm today. 
Ok, maybe my space heater too. 

Oh, and definitely my heart. 
In the task of collecting the photo of several older members of our church for the photo directory, I spent the first half of my day putting into practice what I so want to see happening in my church, community, world & my own heart. 

Being present. 

These older women, all of them widowed & leading much slower lives than they once had, were a restorer of energy for me today. Bringers of hope. 
Because they wanted me there. They were so thrilled I came, They had things to ask & things to say & they looked right at me the whole time. 
Maybe, after all, it's selfish or needy to say that this warned my insides & blessed me as much as them. 
Yet really, if I'm all needy & wanting that kind of presence with people, so be it. 

Christ has us in community with one another for reasons such as these. 

No comments:

Post a Comment