1.27.2015

#JestnotJesting


A friend said in sarcastic jest today "My singleness is valuable for the Kingdom" 
And I looked right at him and said it aloud twice: that yes, yes it is. No joke. I believe that for him like I believe that for me. 

Because it's true. 

Because in the equation of Christ solving the sum of our sins with His sacrifice & adopting grace being our Kingdom multiplier, singleness doesn't equal alone or invalid or unequal. It's full & rich & you-better-believe-it's needed. 

I'm not going to quote the apostle Paul on this, nor regale you with impacting stories of radical individuals - no, I think I need to come at it from a different angle. One that is personal & valid because Jesus has me living it every day He is gifting me right now. 

I'm in a family for a purpose. I get to trial & error all kinds of emotions & responses on these people called siblings & parents; nephews & grandparents, etc, etc - for a reason. And the actuality isn't so that I get practice for life yet to come; days of meal planning & babies & story time at the library. That life that may not be for me. 

The full-out reality of family - individuals  together by Grace & Gospel need is in the bringing God Glory. Right now. Period. 


No comments:

Post a Comment