6.13.2014

Looking Forward Yet being Right Here

I don't know that what I have to say today is as profound as the title of this blog entry may imply. I'm in a season if doing what needs doing. The doing I have said I would do; even some things I just told myself I would like done. And it's laced liberally with joy - plus lots if thoughts on covenant (it IS wedding season after all!) which will no doubt be a post once I have a long enough rest to gather my thoughts from notepaper & car drives,etc. Meanwhile, here's a link to one of the teachings that has inspired me most recently. I've listened to it over & over. 

http://sermons2.redeemer.com/sermons/covenant-relationship

Part of looking ahead is using the phrase "after" this, that or the other twelve dozen things. I try to limit myself from saying that aloud too much so as not to come across as rushing through. I consistently want (and need) to be present in each task; each day anew. Yet of course the inkling of plans are already dreamed up. 

Of getting myself out on water on a Northern river she lives beside. Of a hammock strung up between whatever trees I find that do the job for some serious hours of reading & napping.
Of settling my pack on my shoulders once again & loving the way the trail passes underfoot. Sitting calmed by a campfire's crackle & the sound of the late summer cicadas. These are the Looked For moments, that Lord willing, I will find myself in. Not quite yet, but soon enough. 

No comments:

Post a Comment