5.28.2014

Get Up

 
 
I don't want to just be someone who delights in the Lord later, when things may go better, there is less stress, less to do, more certainty, more sleep or more affirmation. I need to choose to delight & depend  Every.Moment.
Peaceful or not, busy or not, money in my pocket or not, weak or strong, right or wrong, makeup on or off.

Because: The joy of the Lord is my strength.

I read Nehemiah 8 again & realize that's where my heart has been the past number of days. Since Sunday nearly 2 weeks ago actually - I have been like the people of Israel who heard that Law-Word of the Lord read aloud & explained. 

I have been weeping as they wept.
Weeping at times in worship, yes, but weeping because I have felt the heavy in my own matter; in my own being that  broken-down neediness for the Holy Lord.
Weeping because I don't always follow His ways well at all. 
Like the people of God were called - so too, am I: 
It's time to get up and calm the weeping.
Time to eat of His feast of joy & share it with others.

No comments:

Post a Comment