11.12.2014

Bigger than me

I spent some time this evening on a walk back through memories. 
It wasn't a lane per se as much as it was akin to climbing in a time traveling box & rewinding, fast forwarding, rewinding to a different point on the trajectory & repeating that several times. 

It helps me to remember the bigger picture. Not just about me - the people I've known, the places & conversations & growth. But the fact that a lot happens in the scope of years, and almost every single but has been worthwhile. 
I'm not really referring to nostalgia here. More like a scope of perspective that helps give perspective & fortify as I grapple with both the comedy & tragedy of the present tense.

The words of Scripture & Rich Mullins come again to the forefront & I hum along with the tune inside my head & heart:

In this world you will have troubles
But I leave you my peace
That where I am there you may also be

That reward of His peace & His presence can be my reward Right Now. 
When I remember as I look back at all He has done & the faithfulness evidenced there. Thankfulness wells up & I sigh deeply from a more trusting frame of mind. He sees so much bigger than me. 


No comments:

Post a Comment