9.20.2014

Four letter word

Today I feel so single. 

And my problem with feeling that way has less to do with the tangible fact, but moreso the negative emotion that comes tied to the tone of how I just said that. 

I don't want singleness to be a dirty word, but rather the good & purposeful gift of my Redeemer that it is. 

My view of walking out life as a single needs to be consistently brought back into focus; fixed again on True North; righted after being knocked upside-down & backwards. 

First: it helps so much to remember that I am not Alone. This is multi faceted. 
I not only have Holy Spirit presence and ability to come before the Throne of Almighty Grace at any time - I also have a community of family and friends that spans continents. And let's not forget the myriad in those circles of care, love & laughter that are single right along with me, in varying ages & walks of life. 
When I sit down with them, I see so much opportunity for learning & encouraging across the board. 

Second: I reach a near-scolding tone with myself as I reiterate truths I have already heard and had affirmed the more I hear real life stories from real people who love The Lord; As I read more of the Word & seek understanding from it, about it, through it. There is bigger picture stuff here people, and I dare not miss it because I am so focused on what I see as best for me. It must be remembered that I have limited vision & choose trust in  the One with Wider Perspective. 

And Third: I must remember Love. I am complete in it, because if it. It's a higher, deeper, vaster thing than I am capable of understanding. It's so often miscommunicated, misunderstood, mis-defined. 
Without Jesus. 
Who is
Love. 

My four letter word. 

No comments:

Post a Comment