7.17.2014

ReFocus

This week. 
Different & among friends. 
Quality time with a favorite small fry. 
Work to be done, sure - yet rest to be had right here at hand. 
In that hour before she wakes, in lingering over breakfast;
When we get outside in the forested surround or take a dip in the pool. 
The nights spent over games, in worship and prayer. 

With or without the hammock strung between trees, I still have rest here in familiar & friends & a role to play in the week. 
Jesus meets me as He always has  - in the midst of where I am; where I believe He has called me. In the walking out obediently step by step. Week by week; task by task. I so often feel inadequate and so far behind, yet I am reminded that He is Faithful & by looking more at Him than myself, I'll gain back that perspective which I so desperately need. 

Perspective that pulls the focus back to where it Always Belongs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment