4.12.2014

Seeds are Miracles

It takes a long time to grow.

There are plants in the (prop)agation house that would like to prove me wrong.
Their eager heads raise out of warm soil & they are readily taking in sun & water so as to quickly reach that point where they will settle their roots for the season into soil under larger skies. It's amazing to me how quickly they germinate & pace out a rhythm of gaining inches of height. They will bring about the fruit they were made to bear in 9 short weeks or so.

My nephew walked into the room today & I saw him as the little man he is becoming.
All 18 months of him in a striped polo & jeans, his hair swept off his forehead.
I cried out in delight of him as he smiled to see my familiar face.
There is more boy in him now than baby. 9 months he was growing under his momma's skin & then 9 months more plus another 9 brings him so quickly to being a boy among us, learning quickly & testing limits. Finding his way to communicate with this big world & each of us. He would like to say I'm wrong about slow growth too, if he could say things with words :)

But I see a different story in myself.
I look back over 32 years & the journals I've filled, the photos I've taken, the experiences that have shaped & keep shaping.
It's taken so much time to grow this far, and now today I've seen it again
- there is so much more to grow in.
I have much yet to learn.

 All this work with seeds & soil has me in the midst of a tender analogy.
Prepared lovingly by God's awful grace driving it's tines like a broadfork down though the compacted parts that I try to keep for myself, is this soil-of-heart.
The Love needs to get all the way down in there so the seeds of trust & obedience can grow fruitful; can grow as He intends.
All the seeds planted in this good heart-soil,
these seeds are miracles.

No comments:

Post a Comment